An Optic fiber Connector terminates the end of an optic fiber cable and enables quicker conenction and disconnection.
The connectors mechanically couple and align the cores of fibers so that light can pass. Better connectors lose very little light due to reflection or misalignment of the fibers.
A variety of optical fiber connectors are available, but SC and LC connectors are the most common types of connectors on the market. Typical connectors are rated for 500–1,000 mating cycles.The main differences among types of connectors are dimensions and methods of mechanical coupling.Different connectors are required for for multimode, and for single-mode fibers.
- High Precision Ceramic Ferrule
- High Precision Polymer housing
- Simplex or Duplex
- High Precision Nickel plated brass housing
- APC Green Polymer housing with 900μm and 3mm strain relief boot
- Low Insertion Loss
- Low Return Loss
- Ease of installation
- Low cost
- Low environmental sensitivity
- Ease of use